The Events Calendar includes not just NATHPO events but also trainings, exhibits, shows, conferences, and consultations put on by our community partners and are listed solely to provide information and are not endorsed by NATHPO.
Please feel free to submit an event using the (+); as soon as it is approved, it will appear on the calendar.
EPA: Tank Talk: Spill Prevention, Control & Countermeasure Overview Webinar for Tribal Partners
Thursday, September 21, 2023 (2:00 PM - 6:00 PM) (EDT)
Participants should only register for one of the three offerings below, as all sessions will cover the same material. All times are listed in Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
|March 23, 2023||1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. EDT||Register here|
|August 31, 2023||12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. EDT||Register here|
|September 21, 2023||2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. EDT||Register here|
This 4-hour session will provide an in-depth overview of the oil program, regulatory requirements, program implementation (inspections), and federal oil spill reporting requirements. This webinar will assist tribes with Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure compliance and the opportunity to view EPA inspector photographs showing common violations observed in the field.
This webinar is part of the external Tank Talks series that EPA is offering to tribal partners and stakeholders with the objective of increasing awareness and compliance with EPA’s oil program regulations.
The target audience for the Tank Talk: Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Overview Webinar for Tribal Partners includes:
- All tribes (including state-recognized) that have any petroleum production, above-ground storage, processing or transportation (pipelines) within, through, or adjoining their lands.
- Tribal owners/operators of regulated oil facilities.
- Alaska Native Corporations with regulated oil facilities.
- Tribal environmental management agencies.
- Tribal Emergency Response Commissions (TERCs) & Tribal Emergency Planning Committees (TEPCs).
- Tribal first responders.
- Tribal environmental non-profit organizations.
September 21, 2023, 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. EDT
White House Council on Native American Affairs (WHCNAA): White House Council on Native American Affairs (bia.gov)
Consultations and Listening Sessions Schedule (bia.gov)