The Events Calendar includes not just NATHPO events but also trainings, exhibits, shows, conferences, and consultations put on by our community partners and are listed solely to provide information and are not endorsed by NATHPO.
Please feel free to submit an event using the (+); as soon as it is approved, it will appear on the calendar.
NPS: FY2023 HPF- Annual THPO Grant Deadline
Monday, May 1, 2023
Dear Tribal Historic Preservation Officers:
Attached are the award amounts for the apportionment of FY2023 Historic Preservation Funds (HPF) to Tribal Historic Preservation Offices (THPOs). The Apportionment Certificate has been approved by the National Park Service and the application has been posted on Grants.gov.
Please use these amounts to develop your FY2023 application budgets (SF424a). Grants awarded under the FY2023 apportionment will have a start date of October 1, 2022 (regardless of when the grant is awarded), and an end date of September 30, 2024. THPO's may use FY2023 apportionment funds to cover expenses incurred at any time during this period of performance.
The Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) is posted on Grants.gov and you may now submit an application. The NOFO number is P23AS00652. Funds are not automatically awarded; you must submit a full application to Grants.gov. Please do not attempt to apply through GrantSolutions.
The deadline for all applications is May 1, 2023.
An application will only be accepted if:
- It is submitted through www.Grants.gov, by 11:59 pm (EST), May 1, 2023
- It meets ALL requirements as stated in the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) instructions (included within the Grants.gov opportunity), and;
- The application is for the amount apportioned.
The Tribe must be registered, and have an active account, in all of the systems listed below in order to submit an application to Grants.gov, and for NPS to deposit funding. Registrations can be delayed so please ensure that your account is active or enroll now.
- ASAP.gov - specifically enrolled with the National Park Service (not with another agency)
Please include all the items listed below. Step by step instructions for completing these forms can be found in this 30 minute video. We highly recommend watching this to avoid issues that could lead to delays in getting your funds.
- SF-424 (Application for Financial Assistance)
- SF-424A (Budget Information for Non-Construction Programs)
- SF-424B (Assurance for Non-Construction Programs)
- SF-424C (Budget Information for Construction Programs)
- SF-424D (Assurance for Construction Programs)
- SF-LLL (Disclosure of Lobbying Activities), if award is over $100,000
- Attachments Form - include the following documents:
- Detailed Budget Justification Worksheet
- Anticipated Activities (aka Workplan) for fiscal year 2022
- Copies of current Indirect Cost Rate Agreement (if indirect costs are charged to the grant)
Please note that all End of Year Reports for both the annual accomplishment (due December 2022) and financial reports (due January 2023) must be submitted and approved before the Tribe’s FY23 HPF THPO grant can be awarded.
May 1, 2023